Substitute Teachers are needed at both the Elementary and Junior/Senior High Schools.
The new daily rate of pay for day-to-day substitutes is $120.00/day.
If you have any questions, please contact Barb Turner at (814) 446-5615 x3301.
On Dec. 20, Act 91 went into effect expanding the pool of eligible substitutes to fill temporary openings during the remainder of this school year, 2021-22, and next school year, 2022-23.
Those who can substitute teach are:
- RETIRED EDUCATORS – can now fill teacher vacancies on an emergency or short-term basis without impacting their pension benefits
- EDUCATORS WITH INACTIVE CERTIFICATES - can substitute for 180 days during the school year.
- DAY-TO-DAY SUBSTITUTES
- UNITED and ARIN Guest Teachers - Bachelor Degree individuals who attend training events at either United or ARIN.
- SOON-TO-BE-COLLEGE GRADUATES - future educators who have completed all the requirements except a praxis exam (and have not yet received their diplomas) can now substitute.
- CLASSROOM MONITORS- any individual who is 25 years or older and has 60 college credits and completed a classroom management course through ARIN or another PA Intermediate Unit may serve as a “classroom monitor."